Tuesday 28 January 2014

University Life

I am a first year university student. I'm in my second term and I'll admit I have no life now, but thats okay… Well I have a life but I spent most of my time with my nose in a text book, rewriting notes, or doing research on the internet because sometimes I have no clue what is going on. With that being said I would encourage everyone to get an education and I have some tips for first year students or future students:

Tip 1) Take classes that interest you!
I'm taking a political science class and I'm not interested in politics at all so I find that class boring and useless. However I'm sticking with it to expand my thinking.

Tip 2) If you want a life outside of university studying don't take a full course load!
I am taking five courses each term and I find all I do is study, study, and work on the weekend. It was hard for me to manage my life between studying and non-student life. I seemed to have pushed aside my studies in the first term, but the experience made me change the way I schedule and organize myself.

Tip 3) Make a plan and stick to it!
I've changed my plan and it seems to be working for me. I have two to three classes a day with lots of time in-between. My first term in university I went home on my breaks and that wasn't working. So now I stay at the university and get my work done so I could go home at the end of the day and not have to worry about doing homework in the evenings at home. Even thou my days are longer I can enjoy my evenings.

Tip 4) Keep organized!
I find being oraginzed is really helpful and can be done in many different ways. I keep all my notes in separate notebooks. And I make sure I keep all my university stuff together at home so I'm not running around in the morning searching for books.

Tip 5) Healthy lifestyle!
Not everyone is concerned with their health and neither am I per say. However I find when I eat healthy foods during the day and on the weekends I just feel good about myself. I also do small workouts during the week and I find that even if I run for 20 minutes a day I have the energy to get me through the long weekdays.

Tip 6) Keep up on reading!
I have admit I don't like reading, never really have but in university there is a lot of reading. Not all of the reading is interesting even if the class is interesting. So I've started to highlight my textbooks while I read so when I have to go back and read the textbook again I will know what I have to reread. Rereading is a good way to study too!

For now thats all the tips that I have… I am not saying I'm an expert on have to get through university and this is what works for me. It might not work for everyone but everyone experiences things differently. If theres any tips that work for you that I haven't included let me know! I'd love suggestions.

DarciJean4life

No comments:

Post a Comment