Friday 23 August 2013

Let's Talk Music! (Rock)

Music is the greatest thing ever invented. It's a universal language. It doesn't matter where you live, what language you speak, or who you are. Music is enjoyed by everyone young and old. I must say I am obsessed with music. I'm almost always listening to music and if I'm not I find I have the weirdest songs stuck in my head.

I listen to many genres of music, but for now I'm just going to talk about rock music. The main reason for todays topic is last night I went to Airbourne, a rock concert, and this summer I've seen about four rock concerts. I'd have to say that rock concerts are usually the best kind of concerts to go to. Why? Well I find that rock bands don't play pre-recoded music so its always a live show. What I mean is there is never any lip singing and if the lead singer stops singing its usually to put in a guitar solo. 

Back to the Airbourne concert, it was really good but a little strange. The first band was Bleeker Ridge, They're from Ontario, Canada and worth checking out. So they were doing their thing on stage when out of no where a guy in an elephant costume ran on stage. It was super funny and I was so surprised that the band kept playing like nothing happened when it was quite clear they didn't see the guy coming. After Bleeker Ridge finished the song they were playing the lead singer said, "is that a rhinoceros?! Oh it's French Fry the elephant..." Um okay?? If that wasn't weird enough, Airbourne was up next.

Airbourne was great and if you haven't heard about them they are from Australia. All four members of the band had the classic rock and roll, long hair that they would whip back and forth. Which was kind of gross because I could see the sweat flying everywhere and I was happy I wasn't in the crowd close to the stage. Not only was the hair sweat flying, the lead singer of Airbourne decided to smash not one, not two, but three cans of beer over his head till the can was a fountain spraying the crowd. I know I was at a rock concert but I thought that was a little much. Also I want to say he gave himself a concussion. 

I really enjoy rock concerts and rock music in general. Like many bands say, rock and roll is a way of life. I grew up listening to rock music and at times to me it just sounds like noise but its noise with rhythm. I can never resist tapping my foot along with the music. What I like the most about rock music is that the sound varies from the classic rock from Kiss to songs with meaning from Shinedown. Theory of a Deadman sings mostly about women and Three Days Grace always sounds angry but with meaning. 

If you don't like rock music thats perfectly fine. I listen to every thing so there will be many Let's Talk Music to come. Until next time have a lovely day internet, or evening, whenever you read this!!

Darci

No comments:

Post a Comment